Wednesday 16 April 2014

Living with photo's | Digital art

One of the things I intend to do more, is getting more of our photo's off my computer and into our life. I know I'm doing this with Project Life. But maybe it is because I'm doing a backdated PL album, that I'm discovering so many photo's I love, but have completely forgotten about.
I want them in my everyday.
 
So here's a simple and quick start I've made: I've known about this feature on my photo editing program for a long time, but never actually did anything with it. Then I saw a post by Elise (can't find the exact post now) where she used a cell phone app to art up her photo's, and thought I'd give it a try.
 
 I used filters on my Microsoft photo editing program. It came for free with Microsoft - but if you don't have it, I suspect most editing programs would have a similar feature. Mine has all kinds of options such as watercolour, charcoal, colour pencil etc. It's as easy as going to Filters and selecting one , applying it and deciding if you like it. You can even combine filters, lighten it afterwards and just play around. I liked photo's where you didn't see full faces.
 Here I used colour pencil and printed (normal photocopying) it on textured off-white cardstock.
 
I think it could also work great if you want to try out doing some art, and first see what it might look like as a watercolour for example. Or you might start out with printing this and then further touch it up with watercolour. 
 
Coincidentally I popped into this gallery passing through Dullstroom recently, and saw some canvasses on display using this very same thing. Pictures of landscapes and wildlife, digitally turned into watercolours and printed onto canvas. Come to think of it, this would make a nice watercolour.

No comments:

Post a Comment